BHF Goals for the Future
- Save the old Brazoria Elementary School for community use.
- Collect chronological history of the school.
- Compile names and addresses of Brazoria Elementary Alumni.
- Work closely with Brazoria Historical Museum.
- Study and recommend to Texas Dept. of Transportation concerning Brazoria Loop of Highway 36.
- Maintain and preserve statue of Henry Smith.
- Develop chronological history of old Brazoria with pictures and a movie.
- Develop plans and rebuild Old Town Brazoria along the Brazos River (replicas of Jane Long’s Tavern, old Courthouse and store).
- Develop an Old Town Tourist attraction with antique and craft shops, restaurants and steamboat travel on Brazos River.
- Arrange tours and/or purchase old historic homes in Brazoria.
- Develop our nature and birding areas (i.e. work with San Bernard Wildlife Refuge, Peach Point Refuge and Nannie Stringfellow Refuge.
- Work with West Columbia Historical Society to rebuild Bell’s Landing and with Freeport Historical Society to rebuild Fort Velasco.
Download our member application